HX711 Dual-Channel Weight Pressure Sensor
The HX711 Dual-Channel 24 Bit Precision A/D weight Pressure Sensor Load Cell Amplifier and ADC Module is a small breakout board for the HX711 IC that allows you to easily read load cells to measure weight. By connecting the module to your microcontroller you will be able to read the changes in the resistance of the load cell and with some calibration. You’ll be able to get very accurate weight measurements.
This can be handy for creating your own industrial scale, process control, or simple presence detection. The HX711 Weighing Sensor uses a two-wire interface (Clock and Data) for communication. Any microcontroller’s GPIO pins should work and numerous libraries have been written making it easy to read data from the senor. Check the hookup guide below for more information.
Load cells use a four-wire Wheatstone bridge to connect to the senor. These are commonly colored RED, BLK, WHT, GRN, and YLW.
Each color corresponds to the conventional color coding of load cells :
- Red (Excitation+ or VCC).
- Black (Excitation- or GND).
- White (Amplifier+, Signal+, or Output+).
- Green (A-, S-, or O-).
- Yellow (Shield).
- The YLW pin acts as an optional input that does not hook up to the strain gauge but is utilized to ground and shield against outside EMI (electromagnetic interference). Please keep in mind that some load cells might have variations in color-coding.
- Two selectable differential input channels.
- On-chip active low noise PGA with a selectable gain of 32, 64 and 128.
- On-chip power supply regulator for load-cell and ADC analog power supply.
- Selectable 10SPS or 80SPS output data rate.
- On-chip oscillator requiring no external component with optional external crystal.
- On-chip power-on-reset.
- Simple digital control and serial interface: pin-driven controls, no programming needed.
- Simultaneous 50 and 60Hz supply rejection.
- Measurement of Weight
- Strain gauge
PACKAGE INCLUDES :
1 x HX711 Weighing Sensor Dual-Channel 24 Bit Precision A/D weight Pressure Sensor.
Click here to download the datasheet of HX711.