L293D Motor Driver/Servo Shield for Arduino
The L293D is a dual-channel H-Bridge motor driver capable of driving a pair of DC motors or single stepper motor.( find out a wide range of motors at solicstores.in).
As the shield comes with two L293D motor driver chipsets, that means it can individually drive up to four DC motors making it ideal for building four-wheel robot platforms.
The shield offers total 4 H-Bridges and each H-bridge can deliver up to 0.6A to the motor.The shield also comes with a 74HC595 shift register that extends 4 digital pins of the Arduino to the 8 direction control pins of two L293D chips.
The output channels of both the L293D chips are broken out to the edge of the shield with two 5-pin screw terminals viz. M1, M2, M3 & M4. You can connect four DC motors having voltages between 4.5 to 25V to these terminals.
Each channel on the module can deliver up to 600mA to the DC motor. However, the amount of current supplied to the motor depends on system’s power supply.
You can also connect two stepper motors to output terminals. One stepper motor to motor port M1-M2 and other to M3-M4.
The GND terminal is also provided if you happen to have a unipolar stepper motor. You can connect the center taps of both stepper motors to this terminal.
The shield brings out the 16bit PWM output lines to two 3-pin headers to which you can connect two servo motors.
- 2 x L293D Motor Control Chips.
- Wide Supply-Voltage Range: 4.5 V to 36 V.
- Separate Input-Logic Supply.
- Internal ESD Protection.
- Thermal Shutdown
- High-Noise-Immunity Inputs
- Output Current 600 mA Per Channel
- Peak Output Current 1.2 A Per Channel
- Reduced control pins needed through 8-stage serial shift registers
- The shield comes with a pulldown resistor array to keep motors switched off during power-up.
- The on-board LED indicates the motor power supply is Okay. If it is not lit, the motors will not run.
- The RESET is nothing but Arduino’s reset button. It just brought up top for convenience.
- DC motor drivers.
- Relay drivers.
- Stepper motor drivers.
Package Includes :
1 x L293D Motor Driver/Servo Shield for Arduino