LM35 Temperature Sensor
The LM35 series are precision integrated-circuit temperature devices with an output voltage linearly proportional to the Centigrade temperature. This device has an advantage over linear temperature sensors calibrated in Kelvin, as the user is not required to subtract a large constant voltage from the output to obtain convenient Centigrade scaling.
The device does not require any external calibration or trimming to provide typical accuracies of ±¼°C at room temperature and ±¾°C over a full −55°C to 150°C temperature range. The low-output impedance, linear output, and precise inherent calibration of the device makes interfacing to readout or control circuitry especially easy. The device is used with single power supplies, or with plus and minus supplies. As this device draws only 60 μA from the supply, it has very low self-heating of less than 0.1°C in still air.
It is rated to operate over a −55°C to 150°C temperature range, while the LM35C device is rated for a −40°C to 110°C range (−10° with improved accuracy). This particular device is available packaged in LP transistor package. LM35 can be used with development boards like Node MCU, Arduino NANO , Arduino UNO, Arduino MEGA etc.
- Calibrated Directly in Celsius (Centigrade)
- Linear + 10-mV/°C Scale Factor
- 0.5°C Ensured Accuracy (at 25°C)
- Rated for Full −55°C to 150°C Range
- Suitable for Remote Applications
- Low-Cost Due to Wafer-Level Trimming
- Operates From 4 V to 30 V
- Less Than 60-μA Current Drain
- Low Self-Heating, 0.08°C in Still Air
- Low-Impedance Output, 0.1 Ω for 1-mA Load
- Power Supplies
- Battery Management
1 x Temperature Sensor TO-92
Click here to download the datasheet for LM35 Temperature Sensor.
Click here to check how to interface with Arduino.