LM741 Op-amp IC
An LM741 operational amplifier is a DC-coupled high gain electronic voltage amplifier. It has only one op-amp inside. An operational amplifier IC is used as a comparator which compares the two signal, the inverting and non-inverting signal. The main function of this IC is to do the mathematical operations in various circuits. Op-amps have large gain and usually used as Voltage amplifiers. The LM741 can operate with a single or dual power supply voltage. ( find out a wide range of OP-AMP at solicstores.in).
OUTPUT Voltage = Gain * Input Voltage
An op-amp can be used in two ways:
1. Inverting Op-amp
When the input source is connected to inverting terminal PIN 2 and feedback with the output PIN 6 then the op-amp is in inverting condition. Like if PIN 2 is having +ve polarity then we will get –ve polarity of output from PIN 6.
GAIN = Rf/R1
2. Non-inverting Op-amp
When the input source is connected to non-inverting terminal PIN 3 and PIN 2 is feedback with the output PIN 6 then the op-amp is in non-inverting condition. Like if PIN 3 is having +ve polarity then we will get +ve polarity of output from PIN 6.
GAIN = 1+ (Rf/R1)
When the voltage at the non-inverting input (+) is higher than the voltage at inverting input (-), then the output of the comparator is HIGH. And if the voltage of inverting input (-) is Higher than the non-inverting end (+), then output is LOW. The output of the operational amplifier is the product of the gain and the input voltage.
LM741 Pin Configuration
|Pin Number||Pin Name||Description|
|1, 5||OFFSET NULL||Pin used to remove the offset voltage and balance input voltage.|
|2||INPUT-||Inverting signal Input|
|3||INPUT+||Non-Inverting signal Input|
|4||V-||Ground or Negative Supply Voltage|
|6||OUTPUT||Output of op-amp|
|7||V+||Positive Supply Voltage|
LM741 Op-Amp IC Features and Specifications
- LM741 has only one op-amp inside
- Provided with short circuit and overload protection.
- Low power consumption.
- Large common mode rejection ratio (CMRR) and differential voltage ranges.
- No external frequency compensation is required.
- Prevent from latch-up when the common-mode range is exceeded.
- Minimum, normal and maximum Power Consumption for this IC is ±10v, ±15v and ±22v respectively.
- The operating temperature should be -50 to 125 ˚C.
- Supply current – 1.7 to 2.8mA.
- Soldering pin temperature – PDIP package – 260 ˚C (for 10 seconds – prescribed)
- TO-99 and CDIP – 300 ˚C (for 10 seconds – prescribed)
- Available packages: TO-99, CDIP & PDIP
- DC Amplifiers
- Integrator or Differentiators
- Summing Amplifiers
- Active Filters
- General feedback application
Package Includes :
1 x LM741CN PDIP-8 Operational Amplifier