IRF540 N-Channel MOSFET
IRF540 is an N-Channel powered MOSFET used for very fast switching operations as well as for amplification processes. It operates in enhancement mode. Its input impedance is quite high as compared to the general transistor so, its a lot sensitive in comparison to them. It has a lot of applications in daily life, for example, switching regulators, relay drivers, switching converters, motor drivers, high-speed power switching drivers, etc. You should also have a look at other MOSFETs and can compare their values with IRF540.( Click for wide range of Transistors).
The IRF540N is an N-Channel Mosfet. This MOSFET can drive loads up to 23A and can support peak current up to 110A. It also has a threshold voltage of 4V, which means it can easily be driven by low voltages like 5V. Hence it is mostly used with Arduino and other microcontrollers for logic switching. Speed control of motors and Light dimmers are also possible with this Mosfet since it has good switching characteristics.
So if you are looking for a Mosfet to switch applications that consume high current with some logic level devices then this Mosfet will be a perfect choice for you.
|Pin Number||Pin Name||Description|
|1||Source||Current flows out through Source|
|2||Gate||Controls the biasing of the MOSFET|
|3||Drain||Current flows in through Drain|
- Small signal N-Channel MOSFET
- Continuous Drain Current (ID) is 33A at 25°C
- Pulsed Drain Current (ID-peak) is 110A
- Minimum Gate threshold voltage (VGS-th) is 2V
- The maximum Gate threshold voltage (VGS-th) is 4V
- Gate-Source Voltage is (VGS) is ±20V
- Maximum Drain-Source Voltage (VDS) is 100V
- Turn ON and Turn off time is 35ns each’
- It is commonly used with Arduino, due to its low threshold current.
- Available in To-220 package
- Switching high power devices
- Control speed of motors
- LED dimmers or flashers
- High-Speed switching applications
- Converters or Inverter circuits
Package Includes :
1 x Mosfet IRF540 N channel power MOSFET (Pack of 3)