MQ-6 Gas Sensor
This is a simple-to-use MQ-6 Liquefied Petroleum Isobutane Propane Gas Sensor module, suitable for sensing LPG (composed of mostly propane and butane) concentrations in the air. The MQ-6 can detect gas concentrations anywhere from 200 to 10000ppm.
This sensor has a high sensitivity and fast response time. The sensor’s output is an analog resistance. The drive circuit is very simple; all you need to do is power the heater coil with 5V, add a load resistance, and connect the output to an ADC.
Sensitive material of MQ-6 gas sensor is SnO2, which has lower conductivity in clean air. When the target combustible gas exists, The sensor’s conductivity is higher along with the gas concentration rising. Please use a simple electric circuit, Convert change of conductivity to the corresponding output signal of gas concentration.
MQ-6 gas sensor has high sensitivity to Propane, Butane, and LPG, also the response to Natural gas. The sensor could be used to detect different combustible gas, especially Methane, it is low cost and suitable for different applications.
- The domestic gas leakage detector
- Industrial Combustible gas detector
- Portable gas detector
- Good sensitivity to Combustible gas in a wide range
- High sensitivity to Propane, Butane, and LPG
- Long life and low cost
- Simple drive circuit
- An indication of the signal output
- Dual signal output (analog output, and TTL level output)
- The TTL output signal is low. (When low output signal light, and can be connected directly to the microcontroller)
- 0 ~ 5V analog output voltage, the higher the concentration, the higher the voltage.
- High sensitivity to hydrogen.
- Can be resistant to ethanol steam, LPG (petroleum), smoke interference.
- Has a long life and reliable stability.
- Fast response and recovery characteristics.
Package Includes :
1 x MQ-6 Sensor Module
Click here to download the datasheet of MQ6.