TCRT 5000 – Infrared Sensor Module
This IR reflective sensor utilizes a TCRT5000 to detect color and distance. This sensor module consists of an IR transmitter & an IR receiver. IR Transmitter transmits a beam of Infrared light downward towards a surface which is then reflected back and read by the IR receiver. (Find a wide range of sensors at solicstores.in)
There is also an onboard potentiometer to adjust the sensitivity. when the infrared transmitter emits a beam of light to a piece of paper, if the rays shine on a white surface, it will be reflected and received by the infrared detector and the module output will be low. If the beam of light encounters a black line, it will be absorbed, thus the Infrared detector receives nothing, and the module output will be high.
TCRT5000 Infrared Reflective Sensor Module is often used in line following robots, object sorting Robots because this module can sense if a surface is white or black. The measuring distance range from 1mm to 8mm and the central point is about 2.5mm.
- Meter pulse data sampling
- Fax paper shredders detection
- Obstacle detection
- Black and white line detection
- Position sensor for shaft encoder
- Detection of reflective material such as paper, IBM cards,
- Designed with the reflected infrared sensor, indicator light.
- Built-in a potentiometer for sensitivity control.
- On-board LM393 voltage comparator chip and infrared sensing probe TCRT5000
- Signal detection sensitivity can adjust
- Using the TCRT5000 infrared reflection sensor
- Output form: Digital and Analog output
- A fixed bolt hole, convenient installation.
Package Includes :
1 x TCRT 5000 – Infrared Sensor Module (High Quality)