SPDT Toggle Switch
A Single Pole Double Throw (SPDT) switch is a switch that only has a single input and can connect to and switch between 2 outputs. This means it has one input terminal and two output terminals.
This switch is a three-terminal switch, one is used as input other two are as output vice-versa. Therefore, we get two outputs or two inputs, one from COM and A and second is from COM and B, but only one at a time. Mainly it is used in three-way circuit to turn ON/OFF an electrical appliance from two location.
This switch mainly used in making three way switching circuit for the staircase in the homes. Also, for normally controlling loads.
A Single Pole Double Throw switch can serve a variety of functions in a circuit. It can serve as an on-off switch, depending on how the circuit is wired. Or it can serve to connect circuits to any 2 various paths that a circuit may need to function in.
In variance to these switches Double Pole Single Throw (DPDT) switches are also available for different applications
- Voltage, Current: AC 250V 3A;
- Mechanical Life: 30,000 make-and-break cycles.
- 20mΩ (max.) contact resistance
- 100MΩ (min.) of Insulation Resistance
- Action Type: Latching; Pole and Throw: SPDT
- Operating Temperature: -30°C to 85°C.
- It can serve as an on-off switch.
- It can switch supply between 2 outputs with single input or vice versa.
Package Includes :
1 x SPDT Toggle Switch